Monday 7 July 2014

Evaluation

Throughout the year I believe that I have learnt many different techniques in photography, particuarly enjoying my time studying portraiture. This is a small project that I decided to undertake myself, photographing people varying from friends at college to strangers in public. I would randomly photograph them, capturing them at times when they weren't ready for photos and other times when they were posing. I think that I got a large variety of people from various backgrounds in my photo's showcasing alot of diversity in my pictures. I also used other techniques such as taking photographs of still life and animals, Although I think that I could have implemented my skills better in using photo-manipulation software. I also used lighting my photographs in order to get contrasting images, some with light from the top some with light from the bottom- just using these techniques and rapidly transform the outcome of a photograph. When I undertook portraiture photography, I was always unprepared, not knowing who I was going to photograph and personally I view this as something that aided the outcome of my photo's as with too much posing, you don't get to view "The real person" and when you take a photo briefly without somebody prepared then you get a more realistic outcome I studied various photographers as part of my research, particuarly interested with Diane Arbus and A photgrapher whose work I was inspired by after a trip to the Tate Britain- Don McCullin, these artists took photos that showed past the illusion that people give when posing and captures them at the most raw moments. All in all, I could have learnt more techniques and furthered my research into other styles of photography however, I believe that what I have learnt has been a truly interesting experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment